Information We Collect About You
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. We may collect this information when you provide it over the phone, on our website, or at one of our events. When you visit this website, we may also collect certain information about your device or usage by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Information You Provide. You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you create an account on this site, purchase our services on this site or over the phone or participate in an offer, promotion or survey. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number)
- Payment information (such as your credit card number, expiration date, delivery address and billing address, banking account, and tax-related information)
- Username and password
- Information that you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes
- Any other personal information that you voluntarily provide, including information you provide when you create an account, purchase our services, or contact us
- Information provided to us by social networks when you log in to this website using your social network credentials
Personal information excludes any information you may choose to submit publicly, such as reviews, comments, critiques, editorials, testimonials, documentaries, forum or blog discussions.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Means. When you visit this website, or interact with our emails or our online advertisements, we collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. As set forth in more details below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
The technologies we may use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small text file placed on the hard drive of your computer or other Internet-connected device that uniquely identifies your browser to store information or settings in your browser. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to use all of the features of this website.
- Web Server Logs. In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the website and our emails to you may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this website, such as Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons and similar technologies to help us analyze how visitors use this website, our emails and our online advertisements. The information collected through these means is disclosed to these service providers.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information you provide to us and that we collect through automated means to:
- Respond to your inquiries
- Call you about our publishing and related services
- Send you emails containing promotional materials or other communications, including information about our services
- Provide our publishing and related services to you
- Process your payment transactions
- Make royalty payments to you, if applicable
- Create and manage your account
- Administer your participation in special events, contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other promotions
- Operate, optimize and improve our products, services and operations (including developing new services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- We also may use the information in other ways we describe when you provide the information, or for any other purpose with your consent
Information We Share
We do not rent lists, or sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described below. We may share your personal information with:
- Our publishing imprints within Ganpi Media and affiliates
- Our contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and to fulfill services requested by you, including, without limitation, credit card processing companies, marketing services providers and consultants, public relations firms and printers
- To other third parties with your express consent
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process
- To respond to law enforcement authorities or other government officials
- To enforce our agreements with you, including for billing and collection purposes
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Google Analytics Display Advertising. We utilize Google Analytics Display Advertising to remarket to you by displaying our ads to you on third party websites. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads by clicking Ads Settings.
- Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information. Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about you and update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Do Not Call. If you do not want to receive sales calls from us, you may request to have your name placed on our Do Not Call List. We will process your request and remove your name from our active list within 48 hours. You can make this request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail addressed to Ganpi Media, Attn: Do Not Call List, 10511 19 Ave, Unit 206 Edmonton, Alberta T6J5S8. When submitting a request, be sure to include all the relevant information that you want added to our Do Not Call List, i.e., full name, address, and telephone number(s). Subsequent sign-ups or inquiries may lead to new record creations; these actions by you may lead to inadvertent contact. If that is the case, please do not hesitate to contact us to reiterate the Do Not Call requests. If your information changes, please notify us of your new name, address, and telephone number(s) so that you will remain on the Do Not Call List.
Children Under the Age of 13
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 on this website.
We take reasonable steps to help protect and secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you transmit your personal information to this website at your own risk.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You should never submit to us payment or tax information via email. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
What We Collect and Store During Checkout
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
Services you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping.
Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access?
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through PayPal for purchases made on our website. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Links To Other Websites
This website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest your review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for those websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
GANPI MEDIA | 10511 19 Ave, Unit 206 Edmonton, Alberta T6J5S8